1. I would encourage you to have a look at my website and identify some previous pieces they like, to help get a sense of what elements of my work you’d like in your piece.
2. Then, fill out the form below. This will help me to be able to give you an estimated quote for your piece. I aim to come back to you within 3 working days.
3. Once you have agreed on the quote, there are a couple of options for the next steps:
we can have a call or a zoom and talk a little about what other themes in my work you like and explore what you’d like from your artwork. In the past, I’ve used places or photographs from clients personal life, to inform some shapes, colours or tones, to ensure that the work feels personal and bespoke.
Or, if you’d like a simpler approach, we can have a couple of emails to confirm colours and shapes
4. From this initial exchange, we’d confirm size, colours and materials and I would work up sketches and come back to you. For larger pieces, I could send you a sample of the colours, as there’s nothing like seeing colours in real life, rather than on a screen.
5. We would then discuss any adjustments you require. At this point, I would give you a final costing and timescale for completion. This is usually around 3 weeks from this point.
6. Once you’re happy with the choices and the sketches, I’d paint the final piece. At this stage, I’d send you an invoice for 50% of the piece, which would need to be paid before the final painting begins.
7. When the final piece is completed, it would be prepared for shipping. At this stage, the final 50% invoice, plus shipping will be sent. The final payment would be required before shipping.
When contacting me about a commission, you might want to think about some of these aspects. This information will help me to put together a quote for you.
Size (big, medium, small, A3, 80x100cm)
Materials (ie paper, canvas, furniture)
Budget (roughly what’s your budget?)
Colours, shapes, style (feel free to attach screenshots from my website)
You could also include a photo of where you want the work to hang.
If you’re not sure exactly what you want, but you just know you want something – no worries! Just drop me an expression of interest and we can go from there.
Thanks for taking an interest in my work and considering it for your wall!
I love doing commissions – I enjoy working with clients to explore what they like and discovering what they want their art to do for them.
Commissions come in all shapes and sizes and I want to make the process as smooth as possible, so I’ve jotted down a few things for you to consider.
If you are interested in making a commission - get in touch!
The costs totally depend on size and materials. Here’s an example of some previous commissions. Shipping is not included in these costs.
A3 size on paper: £80
A1 size on paper: £130
Canvas on aluminium frame (80x100cm): £380
(Please note, these are for domestic commissions – for commercial commissions, there are several other factors to consider)
I have a certain number of slots for commissions every month and timeline depend on the size of the piece, but most commissions would take 6 weeks from initial conversation, to delivery. If you need a piece for an occasion or specific date, I can factor this into costing to prioritise your piece.
I tend to paint on paper or canvas, but I have been known to paint on furniture, surf boards and walls. Let’s chat about what works best for you.
Shipping costs are entirely dependent on your location and the materials used in the piece. When we have our initial chat, we will discuss your location and shipping options.
Still reading? If you’d like to enquire about a commission, please fill in the form below. If you have any questions that aren’t covered in the form, please don’t hesitate to drop me an email – email@example.com